Sunday, October 11, 2009

Grandpa's 89th Birthday

This post is all backwards. Someday maybe I will get this right. This is Eli and his new found cousin. This is his sad face because she had to go home and he didn't want her to leave. He was having so much fun with his new friend.Aunt Leora came from Lehi, Utah and her great grandchildren came from Sacramento to visit. It was the first time we had met them and it was a very nice surprise visit.
Mom loves music. When she was young her family entertained themselves by singing. Mom played the guitar and the auto harp. All her sisters were singers. This is Uncle Dick, mom's youngest sister Janie's husband. He drove Janie and Leora out for a visit. It was great having him. I think Dick loved his visit. He wanted to go fishing for Salmon. We spent Sunday afternoon singing Hymns. Everyone picked their favorite hymn and we just kept singing. Mom enjoyed this a lot and I'm sure it brought back memories of her childhood.
Aunt Jane is mom's youngest sister. She has a contagious laugh and is always lots of fun. I lived with her family for awhile when I attended LDS Business College in Salt Lake. She has always benn very good to me.
I was fun to have everyone here visiting and to celebrate grandpa's 89th birthday. We had two days of celebration with different groups of family coming each day. It was a lot of fun laughing, singing and remembering old times.
My niece Mariah, David's daughter, came which was really nice because we don't get to see her very often. Noah loved Mariah and she was a natural. She will celebrate her 18th birthday in October.On Sunday, my cousin, Leora's grandson brought his family for a visit. They are the only other Utah family members that live in California. It was fun for Eli because they had a son and daughter that Eli had fun playing with. I lost track of how many people came but it was lots of fun and I think grandpa enjoyed his birthday celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment